The Bill Sanderson AMT Scholarships for the academic year 2023–2024 have been announced by Helicopter Association International (HAI), and we are thrilled to do so.
For a maintenance course chosen from a variety of alternatives offered by several airframe and power plant manufacturers, the scholarship program gives complete tuition reimbursement.
A financial stipend of up to $1,600 US will also be given to applicants to aid with travel, hotel, and food costs. This scholarship will be awarded to up to seven qualified candidates each year.
A well-known nonprofit organization called Helicopter Association International (HAI) is committed to developing the helicopter industry globally. HAI, which has its main office in Alexandria, Virginia, supports and advocates for helicopter experts, operators, and enthusiasts. Through a variety of initiatives, the association promotes professionalism, innovation, and safety in the sector.
SCHOLARSHIP BRIEF DESCRIPTION
- Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Helicopter Association International (HAI)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: AMT Course
- Award: Full tuition and a monetary stipend of up to $1,600 US
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to seven scholarships annually
- Nationality: Open to all nationalities
- The award can be taken in USA
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for Bill Sanderson AMT Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be members of HAI.
- Candidates must be about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician school and have their A&P certificate by March 2024, or have received their A&P certificate within the last two years.
- Non-US citizens must have completed their respective country’s FAA-equivalent tests and provide proof of international citizenship.
Eligible Countries: All countries are eligible
How to Apply: Applicants should follow these steps to apply for the scholarship: Join HAI if not already a member. Gather the required documents, including proof of enrollment, resume/CV, two letters of recommendation, and A&P certificate copies (if applicable). Submit a completed application along with all required documentation.
Supporting Documents: Proof of Enrollment: Letter from FAA-Approved Part 147 School or International Equivalent’s aviation school, including representative’s name, title, organization, mailing address, telephone, email, and FAA Part 147 Certificate Number. If international, provide the country’s FAA-equivalent information.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: One from Part-147 AMT School or international equivalent’s Program Director, Administrator, or Instructor, and one from an employer, instructor, or other individual familiar with the applicant’s maintenance background, training, and experience.
Admission Requirements: Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria stated above.
Language Requirement: There is no specific language requirement mentioned for the scholarship.
The full tuition reimbursement for an AMT course from the designated manufacturers for the chosen candidates. a financial allowance of up to $1,600 to help with travel, housing, and food costs.
Free full registration for the scholarship winner and a visitor to attend HAI HELI-EXPO 2024 in Anaheim, California (the scholarship winner and guest are responsible for travel and lodging costs).
APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP HERE