DETAILS ABOUT THE RHODES SCHOLARSHIPS
- University: University of Oxford
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Awards: £17,310
- Subjects: All Subjects
- Study in: UK
- Nationality: International Students, Domestic Students
The Rhodes Scholarship is offered by the Rhode Trust in partnership with the University of Oxford. The Rhodes Scholarship is a full-fledged postgraduate scholarship that is completely supported. It allows talented individuals from all over the world to study at the University of Oxford.
The scholarship has stringent eligibility requirements, making it difficult to apply, yet it has helped many outstanding young students thrive.
Rhodes Scholars will be required to live in the United Kingdom for at least two years and apply to most full-time postgraduate courses at Oxford University.
Benefit of the Rhodes Scholarships: The Rhodes Scholarship pays for tuition at Oxford University as well as an annual stipend. The stipend for the 2022/23 academic year is £17,310 per year (£1,442.50 per month), from which Scholars must cover all living expenses, including housing. Please keep in mind that this does not cover partners or dependents.
The criteria which determined the first Rhodes Scholars in 1902 still guide us today:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
The detailed eligibility criteria varies slightly depending on which constituency you are applying for. You can use our eligibility checker tool to find out if you meet the criteria and are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Visit there official website here to apply